Monday, August 2, 2010

So, I Might Have Gained a Few Pounds Since Moving to Virginia…

But its the good kind of weight gain!  Rob and I are expecting our 2nd child on Dec. 19, 2010.  (If you look closely, you’ll see my little baby bump…This was taken about a week ago though, and I feel like the bump is bigger than it looks here!)

DSC_0323

Yeah, I know I took my time in making this announcement, but I had a reason (whether or not you think my reason is crap is up to you, but I’m the pregnant one, so I got to call the shots on this one).  I was hoping that by not telling many people, the pregnancy would go by faster.  (Which it has, so far…but that also might be because I am chasing around a 1 year old all day and have hardly any time to remember that I’m preggo).  Then it just turned into a game to see how long I could go without telling people.  I hate being pregnant, and I also don’t like getting all the questions that come with it, so now I can just take care of all of your questions at once….you know, the questions like:

Have you been sick? **not really.  I didn’t get sick with Adeline much either.  I was getting some pretty nasty headaches, but those have seemed to die down.

When are you due? **Like I said before, Dec. 19

How long have you known? **Probably since mid April, I don’t remember exactly.  Yeah, I know, I’m good at keeping a secret!

Was it a surprise? **Surprisingly, no!  We wanted our kids to be close in age.  We were a little surprised when we got pregnant the first month trying though (it took a little longer to get pregnant the first time).

Are you crazy?  **Yes.  When we got pregnant, Adeline was still not even really crawling.  She was so well behaved back then.  Now she is into everything and super needy for attention ALL THE TIME!  I think to myself multiple times a day “How am I ever going to handle 2 of them???”  Adeline and this new baby will be 17 months apart (but still 2 years apart in school…weird how that works out).

Do you know if its a boy or girl yet? **YES!!  We found out today we are having a boy!  We plan to give him the family name, Robert.  We’ll call him Bobby though!  Now to come up with a middle name.

So here are my apologies to anyone who feels out of the loop on this one.  We did tell our families a couple months ago and the few people we know here in Newport News (I couldn’t really hide it from people who have seen me in the past month).  Rob and I are both excited to meet this little guy!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to go boy clothes shopping at the outlets!

pcubed said...

congratulations again! i'm sure he will be gorgeous and sweet!!

Vanessa said...

Awesome. I love how straight foward you are. Congratulations on the little guy, hope it goes fast for you and good luck with everything! Our two kiddos will be 2 months apart, or there about.

The Dunn Family said...

Congrats! My two are 18 m apart, and its so much fun!!!

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Rob and Haley,

I am so HAPPY for you guys!!! That is so EXCITING that we are expecting babies around the same time again. To bad we don't live closer. We will have to visit sometime soon.

I am so THRILLED you are having a boy. That is great that you are going to give him the family name of Robert. :)

Oh and I made your baked ziti last night, YUM!!! It was DELICIOUS!!! :) Keep the recipes comin'.

Jamie and Brian said...

Congratulations Haley!! How exciting to have a little girl and a little boy so close in age. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and quickly!

Lauren said...

I can't believe you held out so long! I found out a month after you that I was pregnant and spilled the beans over a month ago! Hooray! This is great news.

Andrea said...

Yeah! That is very exciting! I hope all is going well for you.

Kauti Nicholls said...

wow, congratulations!!! that's awesome! I waited to tell people this last time around until I knew the sex of the baby and it went by so much faster, it was great!

Marie said...

Exciting! Congrats from the West Family