Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 11: Share your favorite recipe(s)

Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake…Best dessert EVER!!!  I don’t like strong coffee flavors, but the coffee in this recipe just makes the chocolate that much chocolatier.  I don’t put the coffee liqueur in the whipped topping, I put vanilla instead (like I said, I don’t like strong coffee flavors) but I do put it in the cheesecake part.  Soooooooo delicious and worth the effort!

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chocolate-cappuccino-cheesecake/Detail.aspx

Other recipes I love:

Bruschetta:DSC_0003 (3)

**the amounts are approximate.  We never measure any of it.

4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (if you don’t get the seeds out, it will get very runny and juicy and make the bread soggier)
1-2 cloves of garlic, very finely chopped
1/4 of a red onion, finely diced(I really have no idea on the amount here!  Do whatever you like...the more onion, the worse your breath will be:)
6+ basil leaves (I always think the more basil, the more yummy!)
Olive oil to coat everything
Salt and pepper (we usually put the salt on as we go.  If you put it on the whole mixture before you're ready to eat it, it will take all the juices out of the tomatoes and make it soggy.  But don't forget the salt, because it really adds!)


We usually butter (or brush with olive oil) some bread (Italian bread, French bread, artisan bread, etc…) and put it under the broiler to crisp up.  Sometimes I put garlic salt on the bread, depending on how much garlic I put in the actual mixture.

Spoon the bruschetta onto the bread right before you eat it and enjoy!

Lemon Spaghetti:  This is one of my favorites (not a favorite of Rob’s, but he likes it.  I think it is a little too lemony for his tastes).  It is very fresh and easy.  It would be good with some grilled chicken on it too.  I think it would probably even be good cold as a pasta salad type thing—I’ve never tried that, though.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/lemon-spaghetti-recipe/index.html

Loin of Pork with Fennel and Garlic:  This is incredible!  I just use a regular old pork loin (no bones or anything fancy) with this.  It is an Ina Garten recipe and I love it with her homemade applesauce (perfect fall recipe when apples are in season).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/loin-of-pork-with-fennel-and-garlic-recipe/index.html

Homemade Applesauce:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/homemade-applesauce-recipe/index.html

I posted some other favorite recipes a while back too, if you’re interested.

No comments: