Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 18: Set or share a goal

Here are a few of my goals:

Have Adeline’s Baby Book completed and sent to the printer by Sept. 15.  I hope I can finish it all by then! 

Sell our house in North Augusta.  Yes, we were under contract for about 2 months and it fell through!!!  The buyer was preapproved for the loan and everything.  We had the inspection, the appraisal, and everything out of the way.  The bank kept giving us closing dates and then coming up with some excuse why we couldn’t do it that day.  We never knew until the day of that they wouldn’t be able to do it.  Then about a week or so ago the buyer called us in tears saying that she wouldn’t be able to get the financing!  We kept the earnest money, but now we have lowered the price, missed the prime selling time, and listed with a realtor, fully aware that we will just have to suck it up and lose a ton of money on the house!  What a bummer!  But at least now its in the realtor’s hands, and we just have to do a few things and try not to worry too much about it.  After all this, I am seriously considering renting for the time we are in Charleston.  Selling a house is no fun and especially hard when you don’t live in it! We might consider renting if it doesn’t sell in the next few months, but I’m still hoping for a sale.

Travel to all countries that touch the Mediterranean.  I don’t even know all the countries that touch it, but that area of the world just seems cool to me.  I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, but a few things hold me back…money, time, unrest in that region of the world, etc.  But one day after all this residency stuff is out of the way, I’ll make it.  It may have to be a few separate trips because I don’t want to rush through any of it.

No comments: