Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 5: A letter to your crush

So based on today’s post, I’m guessing this list was probably made up by some 12 year old girl.  I’ll play along anyway and write a letter to my first real crush (probably when I was about 12 years old).  I probably had other crushes when I was younger, but this was the first crush I remember writing in my diary about.  Be prepared, this might be some juicy stuff!

Dear Spencer,

I used to think you were the cutest boy that ever walked the planet.  I remember seeing you in my Sunday School class and was immediately struck by cupid’s arrow.  You had that long hair, parted down the middle that just made the girls swoon.  Looking back, I think it was probably super greasy and grungy looking, but I guess that didn’t matter to me back then.  I remember that you were slightly mysterious.  I guess I found you intriguing!  You didn’t hang out with the other boys at church and I don’t even know what school you went to.  You probably don’t even remember me because I was so shy.  We might have exchanged a few words in the year I knew you, but I’m not even sure about that.  But that doesn’t mean I wasn’t obsessed.  I would fantasize about holding hands with you (I  know, this is getting a little hot!) and you smiling at me or saying hi to me in the hall.  I remember that I thought you had the cutest smile.  I wonder where you are now.  I guess you must have moved away pretty soon after I met you because I don’t recall ever seeing you around much.  I hope you are enjoying a great life and I hope you learned to shampoo that dreamy hair of yours.

Your 12 year old crush,

Haley

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

lol! Are you referring to Spencer Walker? If so, that cracks me up and I had no idea. Your frequent blogging is pretty fun.

BTW: our blog is (in case you didn't know) togetherisneough.blogspot.com

It's private so i'll have to add you to the VIP list if you aren't already on there. I don't remember. You can FB me.