Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 14: A song from your childhood

These are the songs I remember me and my sisters making up dances to, video taping said dances, and singing on camera.  Unfortunately for you, I don’t have those home videos to post, but believe me, they are hilarious!  I have put a few youtube videos for those who want to get a blast from the past!

Cold Hearted Snake, Straight Up, Forever Your Girl, etc.  Paula Abdul (I had the tape)

Locomotion, Kylie Minogue

 

Heaven is a Place on Earth, Belinda Carlisle

The Rose, Wind Beneath My Wings, The Glory of Love, and From a Distance by Bette Midler (I also had this tape)

I remember one of my favorite things to do as a kid was to sit by the radio on new year’s day and listen to the top 100 songs of the previous year with my fingers on the “record” and “stop” buttons of my tape player.  We would record songs all day long.  Did anyone else do this too, or was it just my sisters and I?

4 comments:

Hannah said...

That's hilarious. I just remembered that we also used to listen to Ace of Base, and we made up a song to "I saw the sign". Good times.

Kelsey said...

It is a pitty those videos are not available- I had forgotten about recording songs on New Years- good times and great songs! Andy and I still love to catch VH1 count downs of the the 80s and 90s.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

I LOVED making videos with my friends. We would do music videos, soap operas, roller blading, etc... We always thought we were so cool. Yay I remember recording music from the radio. I don't recall doing it on New Years, but whenever I would hear my favorites I would record them.

Vanessa said...

Haley, you forgot to mention "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles! Everytime I hear that song I think of YOU! lol I can still see you busting out your moves to certain parts of the song.