Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 12: Self portrait…not really

I am really not in the mood to do this one today, so instead, I wanted to share a picture of the quilt I’ve been making for Adeline.  I finally finished it after lots and lots of hours of work.  I used scraps from all of the baby dresses that I made her.  I thought it would be a nice keepsake for her.  It was supposed to be her birthday present, but I’m a month late.  I hand quilted it, which wasn’t as horrible as I thought it would be.  It was kinda relaxing to sit and watch tv or listen to an audio book while I quilted away.  I’m no expert quilter or anything close to it, so it’s really good that you can’t see anything too close up…it has character.

IMG_2240

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is amazing Haley. Such a neat idea.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Haley, You did a really great job!!! That is so sweet that Adeline will be able to look back and see what dresses she wore. You are a great little seamstress. I LOVED Adeline's room in Augusta, you did a great job putting it all together.

pcubed said...

I love it! I wish I had the talent to make something that beautiful. As you know my sewing skills are not very advanced....
:)

Kauti Nicholls said...

wow! so impressive :) you did a great job!!!

Kelsey said...

This is so cute- I wish I had got more of the creativity genes.