Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up!

So I just about had a heart attack a few minutes ago.  I keep the pack-and-play in the office and put Adeline in there to play while I mess around on the computer each morning.  She usually plays nicely by herself in there for about a half hour before whining to get out.  Well I just turned around to see her balancing half-way over the edge of the pack-and-play, about a centimeter from falling out head first.  I would have taken a picture, except I was so scared she was going to fall on her head that I grabbed her down immediately.  And its not like she's really tall or anything.  She is actually still pretty small for her age, she’s just a very good climber.  I guess I can’t put her in the pack-and-play unattended anymore.  And to make it worse, I have finally given in and she is now only taking one nap a day.  So now I have no idea what to do with her while I’m in the shower.  I used to shower during her morning nap, but now that she doesn’t take a morning nap, I’ve been putting her in the pack-and-play while I shower.  I can’t leave her in the bathroom while I shower because there is too much stuff for her to get into (we don’t have much storage space at our house, so the bathroom cabinets are not child friendly).  I’m pretty sure she can’t climb out of her crib yet, so I guess I’ll try that for a while.  Any moms out there, please feel free to clue me in to what to do with a 15 month old while you shower.

2 comments:

Lauren F. said...

I've resorted to showering in the evening when Ryan is asleep. I go to the gym with him around 4 and then we go pick up Jon from work, and then when we get home I shower (or eat dinner and then I shower). It's not ideal but it's what I have. When I get dressed in the morning I put Ryan in his exersaucer and he watches some cartoons. So far he is pretty content with that and I can hear him and toss him cheerios as I get ready for the day.

Calloways said...

We would love to see you when you are in town. Let me know!! Can't wait. Also, I always use the excersaucer. They don't always love it, but they can't seem to escape! :)